Wrocław University of Science and Technology
Wrocław University of Science and Technology was established in 1945 and is one of Poland’s most prominent and best technical universities. Through research, teaching, and interaction, inspire and support the development of individuals. As a European technical university, WUST conducts interdisciplinary research and education, including climate neutrality and the development of low-emission sources of critical raw materials, to meet the expectations of society and the economy. The university runs 791 educational laboratories, 253 research laboratories, and nine accredited laboratories.
The links with the European Lithium eLi Institute result, among other things, from cooperation activities within the BrineRIS project coordinated by the Wrocław University of Science and Technology.
The project seeks to recover lithium from geothermal brines and, through strong international cooperation, will enable the six RIS countries to explore their geothermal lithium potential.
- Lithium and other primary and secondary mineral resources exploration, mining, and processing
- Sustainable Water Management and Circular Economy
- Geoinformation Management and Geomodelling for the mineral industry
- Data Analytics and Predictive Modelling
- Chemical Technologies for Mineral Processing, Metals Recycling and Recovery
- European Networks: EIT Raw Materials, European Raw Materials Alliance
- Life Long Learning, PhD, MSc, and BSc levels Education
Role in eLi
- Participation in platforms “Exploration and Mining”, “Processing and Recycling”, “Circular Economy and Predictive Modelling”
- Support in the development of new research areas related to the scope of eLi
Dr. Magdalena Worsa-Kozak